This fabulous dessert is made with coconut milk, sugar, vanilla, and cranberry sauce. This is an incredible base for any in-season fruit that you would like to add. There are only four ingredients to make this dreamy, creamy and oh, so addicting ice cream, which is also vegan and dairy free! Be sure and chill the milk mixture or the cans of coconut milk before freezing.
Makes 1 quart
- 2 (13.66 oz) cans chilled Thai organic coconut milk (preferred over coconut milk; lite not recommended)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole cranberry sauce
- 1 Chill the coconut milk for a few hours.
- 2 Place the coconut milk, sugar, and vanilla in a blender.
- 3 Blend until combined, about 30 seconds.
- 4 Freeze using an ice cream maker, according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- 5 You can serve immediately for a soft serve texture or you can place the ice cream in a container and freeze for a more firm texture.
- 6 Put nut mixture in the last few seconds of mixing.
- 7 Use also for garnish, if so desired.