Looking to add a little holiday spirt to your menu? They’re irresistibly sweet, creamy, and in many parts of the world considered a snack treat: No, not candy. Sweet potatoes.
Per Serving: Calories 140, Total fat 4.5 g, Saturated fat 0.5 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 280 mg, Carbohydrate 19 g, Dietary fiber 3 g, Sugars 9 g, Protein 8 g, Vitamin A 290 %DV, Vitamin C 20 %DV, Calcium 15 %DV, Iron 6 %DV
- 1-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into chunks
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 ounces (1/2 of 8-ounces pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Fat Free Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup PLANTERS Sliced Almonds, toasted
- 1 PLACE potatoes in large saucepan.
- 2 Add broth; cover. Bring to boil on medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 10 minutes.
- 3 Uncover; simmer an additional 8 to 10 minutes or until most of the broth is absorbed and potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- 4 MASH potatoes to desired consistency using a hand masher or electric mixer, gradually adding cream cheese and mixing until melted.
- 5 STIR in almonds and nutmeg.
- 6 NOTE: Toasting nuts adds crunch and intensifies their flavor. To toast nuts in the oven, spread nuts in single layer in shallow baking pan. Bake at 350°F for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.