Crisp Maple Cookies are some of the most amazingly “feel good” cookies you can make, winter or summer—and one of the easiest!
This cookie ranks as high in New England, as gingerbread, apple pie, and molasses are comfort foods! This recipes makes it easier than ever to create your own Crisp Maple Cookies.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 cups flour
- 1/3 cup granulated or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon each cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1/2 cup (1/2-stick) butter or margarine
- 1 cup real maple syrup (the darker the better)
- 1/3 cup apple jelly, whisked smooth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. Lightly grease a cookie pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- 2 Blend the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry knife, two forks, or your finger tips until it resembles large crumbs.
- 3 Combine maple syrup, apple jelly and lemon juice in a separate bowl.
- 4 Add to flour mixture and stir it with a sturdy spoon, or a paddle attachment on a mixer, until to comes together as a cookie dough.
- 5 Roll a tablespoon measure of dough between your palms. Place the dough ball in a bowl of sugar and roll until completely covered.
- 6 Place on prepared pan and flatten to 1/4-inch in thickness with the bottom of a glass. Leave at least an inch between cookies.