These great dessert bars can be sampled in the culinary classes offered at Silver Dollar City’s Culinary & Craft Center. Or, make them yourself using your favorite flavors!
Recipe Courtesy of Silver Dollar City’s Culinary & Craft School.
Substitute other flavors of cake mixes to “mix it up”!
See related stories and recipes:
Recipes from the series
- BOTTOM:1 Duncan Hines Spice Cake Mix
- 1 Stick of butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- FILLING: 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 1 pound (16 ounces or 2 cups) powdered sugar
- 1 Mix cake, butter, and egg into a stiff dough, press into bottom of a 9 X 13 ungreased baking pan. Separately mix all the filling ingredients and pour over the dough mixture.
- 2 Bake at 300ºF for one hour. Cool thoroughly before cutting.
- 3 Due to the richness of this delight, cut it into small pieces. There have been several versions of this bar over the years. Debbie Nusbaum of Platte City, Missouri shared this recipe.