This fall harvest soups recipe allows you to mix and match vegetables and seasonings for a wonderful variety of soups.
Recipe courtesy of KRAFT.
Kraft Kitchens Tips:
Make it Easy: Reserve the cans from the broth to measure out the water needed for the soup.
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 celery stalk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 cans (10 fluid ounces/284 milliliters each) chicken, beef or vegetable broth
- Vegetable choices: 4 cups each of either broccoli florets, sliced carrots, cauliflower florets or sliced leeks
- Seasoning choices: 1 teaspoon each of either garlic powder, ground ginger, curry powder or dried thyme leaves
- Topping choices: 8 tablespoons each of either grated Cracker Barrell cheddar cheese, plain yogurt, chopped cilantro or chopped green onions
- 1 CHOP potatoes, onion and celery; set aside. Heat oil in large saucepot on high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Add potatoes, onion and celery along with 4 cups desired vegetables; cook and stir 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2 ADD broth and 2 soup cans water to pan. Stir in 1 teaspoon seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 30 to 40 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 3 POUR vegetable mixture, in batches, into blender container; cover and blend until smooth. Return to saucepot; cook on low heat until heated through, stirring occasionally. Spoon into 8 soup bowls; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon topping each.