- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled or unpeeled
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup black olives, pitted and halved (preferably kalamata olives)
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes for heat
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, or 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Place the potatoes in a pot, cover with cold water by at least an inch, add a good pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook until the potatoes are almost tender.Drain on a rack set in the sink and leave them there until cool enough to handle.
- 2 Cut potatoes into 1/3-inch cubes. Drop them into a mixing bowl, separating the cubes as you go. Add the tomatoes, onion, olives, capers, basil, feta and red pepper flakes. Toss gently. Crumble the oregano over the top, pour in the oil and toss gently.