Redolent with fresh herbs, this dip is inspired by the classic green goddess salad dressing. The chef at San Francisco’s Palace Hotel created the dressing in the 1920s to honor actor George Arliss, who was performing locally in a play called Green Goddess.
Click here to watch Chef Cari create this delicious recipe on “90 Seconds in the Kitchen.”
Recipe courtesy of Williams Sonoma
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh mint
- 2 or 3 anchovy fillets
- 1 shallot, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 In a blender or food processor, combine the chives, parsley, tarragon, basil, mint, anchovies, shallot, lemon juice and mayonnaise.
- 2 Blend or process until smooth, about 1 minute, or about 15 pulses.
- 3 Transfer the mixture to a bowl and stir in the sour cream.
- 4 Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 3 days.