There’s nothing like fresh salsa, and this recipe uses a mix of yellow Heirloom and red cherry tomatoes for a gorgeous look. So raid your garden or take advantage of that neighbor or co-worker who has a little extra! The tomatoes and jalapenos used to make this batch came straight from the garden and taste amazing. There’s still time before the season ends!
- 6 tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 15-20 cherry tomatoes
- 1 t. fresh garlic, pressed or finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeno, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 t. olive oil
- 1 1/2 t. lime juice
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 t. lime pepper (or can use regular pepper)
- 1 1/2 t. dry cilantro, or about 1/4 cup fresh
- 1/2 t. onion salt
- 1/4 t. cumin (or can use chili seasoning)
- 1 Prepare vegetables and combine in a large bowl.
- 2 Add remainder of ingredits.
- 3 Mix together.
- 4 Serve with tortilla chips.