Lettuce for breakfast? I love it. And when cooked in the flavor from Andouille and then taking a bite of warm egg yolk… well, it jump-started my day. But you can enjoy this recipe for dinnertime as well.
To see more recipes from The Yankee Chef, click here!
- 1 Romaine lettuce heart
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 oz. Andouille sausage, sliced and cooled
- 2-4 eggs
- 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 Trim away any brown or discolored leaves or leaf edges from lettuce. Take a sliver off the stem end to get rid of the brown part.
- 2 Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat and saute until well browned all around. Be careful of any splattering grease!
- 3 You may need to turn it a couple of times. Reduce heat to low, add sausage, cover and simmer 4 minutes. Meanwhile, poach eggs to your desired doneness.
- 4 Remove romaine and sausage to a serving plate, top with poached eggs and cheese.Serve while hot.