Irish Soda Bread is one of the easiest breads to make. Prepare it for St. Patrick’s Day, or anytime of the year for teatime or breakfast.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick®
Fat: 1 g,
Carbohydrates: 26 g,
Cholesterol: 28 mg,
Sodium: 182 mg,
Fiber: 1 g,
Protein: 4 g,
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Caraway Seed (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Cinnamon, Ground (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins or currants
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2 Lightly grease 9-inch round cake pan.
- 3 Mix flour, sugar, caraway seed, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in large bowl. Stir in raisins.
- 4 Mix buttermilk, eggs and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients. Spread in prepared pan.
- 5 Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.