Lemon Clove Cookies Recipe. The flavor combination of clove and lemon is delightful. Add this recipe to your holiday cookie baking.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick®.
Nutrition Information (per serving – 2 cookies): Calories: 121, Fat: 5 g, Carbohydrates: 18 g, Cholesterol: 20 mg, Sodium: 62 mg, Fiber: 0 g,
Protein: 1 g.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Cloves, Ground
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Lemon Extract
- For the Lemon Glaze: 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Lemon Extract
- 1 Mix flour, cloves and salt in medium bowl; set aside. Beat butter and granulated sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg and lemon extract; beat until well blended. Gradually beat in flour mixture until well mixed.
- 2 Divide dough in half. Form each half into a log about 1 1/2 inches in diameter and 9 inches long. Wrap in wax paper. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- 3 Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut dough into 1/4-inch thick slices. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- 4 For the Lemon Glaze, mix confectioners' sugar, water and lemon extract in small bowl untill well blended. Drizzle over cooled cookies. Let stand until glaze is set.