Indulgent hot-from-the-oven lemon cream puffs filled with a luscious blend of rich white chocolate and mint cream filling.
Why Try? Bring this dessert to the table when you really want to “wow” your guests. This one is over the top!
- 4 large eggs
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- CREAM PUFFS:
- 1/2 cup European Style Unsalted Butter, plus extra for buttering pans
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup European Style Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- mint sprigs for garnish
- 1 For Cream Puffs: Preheat oven to 400° F.
- 2 In a medium saucepan, combine 1/2 cup butter and water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add flour and extract at once; stir vigorously with a wooden spoon until mixture pulls from sides of pan and forms into a ball, approximately 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
- 3 Add one egg at a time into dough; beating with each addition until the egg is completely incorporated. Let dough sit for a few minutes. Meanwhile, grease baking sheet with butter.
- 4 Drop 1/4 cup dough onto a greased baking sheet, about 3 inches apart making 12 cream puffs per sheet.
- 5 Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the puffs are golden and crisp.
- 6 Remove from oven; and let cool for 5 minutes. Split puffs in half horizontally and remove any soft dough from inside.
- 7 For Filling: In a microwave safe container, melt white chocolate chips in microwave for 30-45 seconds or until melted.
- 8 With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, powered sugar, butter, melted white chocolate, and lemon juice, until combined and smooth. In a separate mixing bowl whisk the heavy cream. To form stiff peaks, gently fold in the whipped cream and lemon zest into cream cheese mixture.
- 9 For Sauce: In a small saucepan combine cream and corn syrup over medium heat and simmer until the corn syrup and cream are well combined. Add white chocolate and mint extract; stir over heat until chocolate is melted. Remove from heat and whisk in the butter until the sauce is smooth.
- 10 To Assemble: Fill bottom halves evenly with cream cheese mixture, top and drizzle with white chocolate sauce. Garnish with fresh mint.