Buttery-rich lobster seasoned with a squeeze of fresh lemon, toasted ciabatta bread, crisp bacon, ripe tomato, spring greens and fresh-made lemon aioli – we’ve gone all out to create the ultimate club sandwich.
Don’t miss these other recipes in our Grand Slam Champion series:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon shallots, fine chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, fresh
- To taste, fresh ground black pepper
- 2 lobsters, steamed, shelled
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 lemon wedges
- 2 ciabatta rolls
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups fresh spring mix salad greens
- 8 tomato slices (1/4 -inch thick)
- 10 strips premium bacon, cooked crisp
- 1 To prepare lemon aioli: combine mayonnaise, shallots and lemon zest in small bowl and whisk to blend. Season to taste with fresh ground black pepper. Cover and chill.
- 2 Slice steamed lobster tails in half; slice claw meat. Drizzle with melted butter and freshly squeezed lemon.
- 3 Slice each ciabatta roll horizontally into 3 thin slices. Add 1 tablespoon butter to a large skillet and melt over medium heat; add 3 ciabatta slices and heat on both sides until golden and toasted. Repeat with remaining butter and ciabatta bread.
- 4 Arrange toasted ciabatta bread on a flat work surface.
- 5 To assemble each sandwich: spread lemon aioli generously over 3 slices of toasted ciabatta. Layer lettuce, tomato, and bacon on the bottom slice of ciabatta toast. Top with middle slice of ciabatta toast and layer with lettuce, tomato, and lobster. Close with top slice of ciabatta toast and insert picks. Using a serrated knife, slice sandwich in half.
- 6 Repeat with the remaining club sandwich.
- 7 Serve with fresh lemon wedges.