Delicate, crispy cookies that are easy to make. Keep them simple or make them fancy by wrapping them around the handle of a wooden spoon and dipping in melted chocolate!
Read the cookbook review here
- 1 stick butter
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2 In a heavy saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- 3 When it foams, add the brown sugar, stirring until it dissolves, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 4 Stir in the molasses and corn syrup, then the oats, pecans, flour, salt, and vanilla.
- 5 Stir until well blended.
- 6 Remove from the heat and drop teaspoonfuls onto a parchment- or aluminum foil-lined baking sheet at least 2 inches apart, as the cookies will spread during baking.
- 7 Bake for 7 to 9 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown and the edges slightly darker.
- 8 Remove from the oven and let cook on the pan for 4 to 5 minutes, or until slightly firmed.
- 9 With a metal spatula, transfer the cookies to wire racks. If desired, while still pliable, form them around the handle of a wooden spoon.