Ever wondered what all the fermented fuss is about? Join Ashley Pettit in answering that question with this delicious salad that incorporates the benefits and flavors of traditional miso paste.
Click here to follow along with Ashley as she makes this recipe in the latest episode of Ashley Pettit Living.
When it comes to miso, there are almost too many benefits to list, but let’s start with ten:
1. Miso is a complete protein, meaning that it contains all the essential amino acids.
2. Helps stimulate digestive fluid in the stomach for breaking down food.
3. Excellent source of probiotics.
4. Aids in the digestion and absorption of other foods in the intestines.
5. Is a good quality source of B vitamins, particularly B12.
6. Strengthens the quality of blood and lymph fluid production.
7. May reduce the risk for cancer across the board.
8. May protect against radiation by helping to remove heavy metals from the body.
9. May help lower LDL cholesterol.
10. Is high in antioxidants.
- 3 tablespoons brown miso
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon coconut nectar
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons brown rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined sesame oil
- 1/4 cup hemp oil, cold-pressed
- 2 tablespoons filtered water, to thin out the mixture as needed
- 1 Blend or whisk together all ingredients until smooth.