We all love the simplicity and low cost when entertaining, don’t we? After all, mingling with our friends and family is almost as important as the food we provide!
This Simple and Tasty Clam Rangoon can be an appetizer, or snack, and is a beautiful combination of both prerequisites that will result in a successful dinner party or an informal gathering.
To see more recipes from The Yankee Chef, click here!
- 1 (6.5-ounce) can chopped clams, drained
- 4 oz. Neufchatel or cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 oz. cheddar cheese, diced small or shredded
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 6 wonton wrappers
- Cracked black pepper
- 1 Preheat oven to 300 F. In a bowl, stir together chopped clams, Neufchatel and Cheddar cheese, onion and mayonnaise until well combined. Spray a 6-cup muffin tin (normal size) with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2 Place the wonton wrappers inside each cup and press snugly to the bottom.
- 3 Evenly distribute the clam filling into each of the cups and bake 15-17 minutes, or until the sides of the wonton wrappers are nicely browned.
- 4 Remove from oven to cool for a couple of minutes before lifting out to serve hot. Sprinkle each with some cracked black pepper.