This Smoky Glazed Italian Sausage will fill your kitchen with the wonderful aroma of barbecue and sausage. Sweet and spicy perfection!
- 2 tablespoons pure olive oil
- 2 Italian sausage links, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1/4 cup julienned onion
- 1/4 cup each julienned green and red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 cup apple jelly, whisked smooth
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 In a large skillet over medium heat, bring oil to shimmering hot.
- 2 Add sausages and cook until done throughout. Add onion, bell peppers and paprika, tossing to combine.
- 3 Cook until vegetables are just starting to wilt, about 3-4 minutes.
- 4 Add remainder of ingredients, stir well and cook an additional 4-5 minutes, or until thickened to a glaze consistency. Serve immediately.