Not only is the addition of corned beef hash such a great flavor boost for these burgers, but it helps to ensure complete doneness when cooking burgers because you don’t have to worry quite so much about the center!
- 1 lb. uncooked banger sausages, casings removed
- 1/4 lb. ground pork
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 5 tablespoons corned beef hash
- 5 burger rolls
- 1 recipe Creamy Cheddar Onions*
- 1 Blend Banger sausage meat with ground pork and black pepper. Form into 10 equal sized, thin patties, placing on a large sheet of film wrap.
- 2 Place a tablespoon corned beef hash in the middle of 5 of the burgers. Top with remaining burger patties, press to flatten and seal around the edges.
- 3 Place in the refrigerator until grill is hot and preparing Cheddar Onions. When ready, cook burgers until thoroughly done, regardless of your cooking method.
- 4 Top each with a Cheesy Cheddar Onion slice (maybe adding so much cheese sauce that you have to hover over your plate while eating) and have at it this St. Patrick's Day... or all summer long.
- 5 You can also roast the Creamy Cheddar Onions on the grill if desired, away from direct heat instead of in the oven.
- 6 *Creamy Cheddar Onion recipe is found on my page and linked above.