Vanilla Cream in Pastry Shells Recipe. A light sweet cream cheese filling in baked puff pastry shells make an elegant ending to a holiday party. Both the puff pastry and the filling can be prepared ahead of time for last minute assembly.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick®.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories: 432, Fat: 32 g, Carbohydrates: 31 g, Cholesterol: 47 mg, Sodium: 185 mg, Fiber: 1 g,
Protein: 5 g.
Flavor Variations: Prepare as directed. Use 2 teaspoons McCormick® Raspberry Extract or 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract in place of the vanilla.
Cream Tarts: Prepare as directed. Use graham cracker tart crusts in place of puff pastry shells.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen puff pastry shells
- 4 ounces (1/2 package) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 Prepare and bake pastry shells as directed on package. Cool completely.
- 2 Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract in large bowl until smooth and creamy. Whip cream in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until stiff peaks form. Gently stir into cream cheese mixture. Cover.
- 3 Refrigerate until ready to serve. Fill or pipe cream mixture into pastry shells just before serving. Garnish with fresh berries and mint leaves, if desired.