Vanilla Sugar Cookies Recipe. Decorate these no roll sugar cookies with granulated sugar, homemade Colored Sugar or Sugar Cookie Icing.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick®.
Nutrition Information (per serving – 2 cookies): Calories: 142, Fat: 6 g, Carbohydrates: 20 g, Cholesterol: 30 mg, Sodium: 112 mg, Fiber: 0 g, Protein: 2 g.
Flavor Variations: Prepare as directed. Use McCormick® Pure Almond Extract or Pure Lemon Extract in place of the vanilla.
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Cream of Tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract or 1 teaspoon McCormick® Premium Imitation Vanilla Extract
- Additional sugar for rolling
- 1 Mix flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; set aside. Beat butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add 1 1/2 cups sugar; beat until well blended, scraping side of bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Gradually stir in flour mixture until well mixed.
- 2 Refrigerate dough about 2 hours or until firm.
- 3 Preheat oven to 400°F. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in additional sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 4 Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.