The Watkins Glen Speedway Pierogi Burger is new on the menu at “The Glen.” This classic Northeastern-inspired burger adds the comforting flavors of savory pan-fried potato-and-cheese filled pierogis and grilled onions to an all-American burger.
We added our own “secret sauce” accented with a splash of steak sauce and fresh-cut shredded lettuce. Feel free to make this burger your own with your unique condiment choices.
To see how it’s done, watch the video here!
Other recipes in The Food Channel’s Speedway Snackers series, inspired by NASCAR®:
- Richmond-Inspired Buffalo Chicken Fries
- Kansas Raceway-Inspired BBQ Sundae
- Darlington Raceway-Inspired Pimento Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos
- Talladega-Inspired Big One
- Darlington-Inspired Fried Green Tomato BLT Salad
- Daytona-Inspired Firecracker Dog
- And in honor of this year’s NASCAR sponsor, the Tennessee Monster® Bourbon Crush
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef, 80/20
- 1 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 4 slices American cheese
- 8 potato-cheese pierogis, frozen
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced fajita-style
- 4 hamburger buns, butter toasted
- 1/2 cup secret sauce (optional)
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 Pan-grill sliced onions in 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat until lightly golden. Season with salt and pepper, as needed. Reserve.
- 2 Shape ground beef into 4 6-ounce patties. Season with Montreal steak seasoning. Pan-grill burgers over medium-low heat until fully cooked. Top cooked burgers with cheese and melt.
- 3 While burgers are cooking, melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet, add pierogis and saute over medium-low heat for 5 minutes on each side, or until golden and fully heated.
- 4 To assemble burgers: Spread 1 tablespoon secret sauce on bottom half of each bun. Top each with ½ cup shredded lettuce, 1 cheeseburger, 2 sauteed pierogis, ¼ cup grilled onions and 1 tablespoon secret sauce. Close with top half of bun.