A classic wild mushroom risotto will class up any dinner and is so worth the wait.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup shallots, minced
- 4 cups assorted mushrooms
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1 1/2 cups white wine
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 In a large skillet saute shallots in butter and oil until translucent. Add mushrooms and saute until most of the liquid is cooked off.
- 2 Pour in the rice and stir allowing to toast approximately 1 minute.
- 3 Add wine and stir until absorbed.
- 4 Add broth slowly, let simmer and stir constantly to allow liquid to absorb before adding more. This process will take about 15 to 20 minutes.
- 5 When rice is soft add Parmesan and chopped parsley.