This recipe for Zucchini Latkes with Tzatziki Sauce is appropriate for Chanukah (Hanukkah) celebrations, but can be enjoyed year-round. Made with zucchini and served with a Greek yogurt tzatziki sauce, they’re simply delicious!
Be sure and check out these additional recipes for celebrating the festival of lights:
- 2 Large zucchini (about 1 pound), shredded
- 1 Onion, small, shredded
- 2 Eggs, large, beaten
- 1 cup Yehuda matzo meal
- As needed Bartenura extra-virgin oil for frying
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 2 tablespoons Dill, fresh, chopped
- 1/4 cup Cucumber, diced
- 2 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 In a large bowl, combine zucchini, onions, eggs, matzo meal, and salt. Stir to combine.
- 2 Heat a quarter inch of extra-virgin olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Drop by two tablespoons of zucchini mixture and lightly press down to flatten. Fry for about four to six minutes per side or until nicely browned. Remove and drain on paper towels. Continue with remaining batter.
- 1 In a small bowl, combine yogurt, dill, cucumber, lemon juice, and salt. Stir. Serve tzatziki alongside latkes.