This recipe for Butterscotch Pudding is another in our series of keto-friendly recipes from celebrity caterer Andrea Correale, founder and president of Elegant Affairs. Andrea has more than 20 years of experience in catering high-end events and meeting the dietary needs of her celebrity clients.
Here are links to the other keto-friendly recipes in this series:
- 2 (13.5 ounce) cans coconut cream
- 1/2 cup sukrin gold
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon stevia drops
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon guar gum
- For topping whipped cream, sugar-free
- For topping 1/2 cup shaved dark chocolate
- 1 In a large pan, mix together sukrin gold, coconut cream, and sea salt. Place pan over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- 2 Once boiling, reduce heat to low, cook for an additional 3 minutes, again stir constantly. Remove from heat. In a separate bowl, beat egg yolks until smooth. Add 1/2 cup hot mixture from the pan into the yolks. Return all to original pan.
- 3 Again, bring to a boil, and stir constantly. Cook for another 3-4 minutes or until mixture is thickened. Remove from heat.
- 4 Add butter, stevia, nutmeg, vanilla, and salt. Lastly, add guar gum and place mixture to cool.
- 5 Once cool, transfer mixture into a bowl or individual cups (however you want to serve it in) and refrigerate. The mixture will thicken during the cooling process.
- 6 Once chilled, add whipped cream and sprinkle shaved chocolate.