This recipe for Coconut Shrimp is another in our series of keto-friendly recipes from celebrity caterer Andrea Correale, founder and president of Elegant Affairs. Andrea has more than 20 years of experience in catering high-end events and meeting the dietary needs of her celebrity clients.
Here are links to the other keto-friendly recipes in this series:
- 1-1/2 pounds large shrimp (about 25-30 pieces)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups shredded coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- For frying coconut oil
- 1 In a small bowl, mix coconut flour and sea salt. Set aside.
- 2 Make another bowl for eggs and one more for coconut. Dip each shrimp first in flour mixture, then in egg, and finally coconut. Make sure each shrimp is well-coated.
- 3 Fill medium-sized pan with 2-inches coconut oil and turn heat on medium. Once oil is hot, place each shrimp in pan and cook for 1 minute on each side.
- 4 While shrimp is cooking, set out a large plate and cover with paper towels.
- 5 Once shrimp are browned, remove from pan and set out on top of paper toweled plate.