Cinnamon Caramel Swirl Bars Recipe. Cinnamon is the star ingredient in this indulgent recipe certain to please one and all. This favorite holiday spice combines with gooey caramel for a truly decadent dessert.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick®.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories: 225, Fat: 9 g, Carbohydrates: 33 g, Cholesterol: 29 mg, Sodium: 139 mg, Fiber: 1 g, Protein: 3 g.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Cinnamon, Ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- 2 Mix brown sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla and pecans in large bowl until well blended. Add flour mixture; mix well. Reserve 1 cup of the batter. Spread remaining batter into lightly greased foil-lined 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Bake 15 minutes or until firm.
- 3 Microwave caramels and milk in microwavable bowl on HIGH 2 to 3 minutes or until caramels are completely melted, stirring every minute. Pour over baked layer in pan, spreading to within 1/2 inch of edges. Drop reserved 1 cup batter by spoonfuls over caramel layer. Cut through batter with knife several times for marble effect.
- 4 Bake 15 to 20 minutes longer or until center is set. Cool in pan on wire rack. Lift from pan; remove foil. Cut into 24 bars.