This recipe for Kitchen Sink Vegetable Soup is one in a series of vegetarian Passover recipes created by KAYCO, the leading purveyor of kosher foods in the U.S., in concert with Naomi Nachman, author of the “Perfect for Passover” cookbook and Kosher.com, the popular kosher lifestyle resource.
Other vegetarian Passover recipes in this series include:
For the broth:
- 1 large parsnip, peeled
- 1 turnip, peeled
- 4-5 stalks celery
- 2 medium zucchini, with peel
- 3 large onions
- 3 medium carrots
- 1 large tomato
- 8 cups water
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 4 stalks celery, peeled, small dice
- 3 medium carrots, peeled, small dice
- 2 medium zucchini, with peel, small dice
- 2 onions, small dice
- 1 small parsnip, peeled, small dice
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
Prepare the broth:
- 1 Cut parsnip, turnip, celery, zucchini, onions, carrots, and tomato into large chunks. Place into a large (10-quart) pot; add water, parsley, and salt.
- 2 Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are soft, approximately one hour.
- 3 Use an immersion blender to process soup for a full three minutes, until smooth. Reheat to a boil.
Complete the soup:
- 1 Add remaining vegetables to pureed soup; lower heat. Simmer for approximately 2 hours, until the vegetables are soft enough to your taste. Add salt; adjust to taste.