This recipe for Vegetarian Chopped Liver is one in a series of vegetarian Passover recipes created by KAYCO, the leading purveyor of kosher foods in the U.S., in concert with Naomi Nachman, author of the “Perfect for Passover” cookbook and Kosher.com, the popular kosher lifestyle resource.
Other vegetarian Passover recipes in this series include:
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1/4 pound mushrooms, chopped
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 hard-cooked eggs
- 1/4 pound shelled walnuts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Tomatoes, sliced
- Lettuce leaves
- 1 Heat oil in frying pan. Add onions and mushrooms, sauté until onions are browned (about eight to 10 minutes).
- 2 Put into food processor with chopping blade, then add eggs, walnuts and salt. Process until no large pieces are left.
- 3 Scrape into a bowl and chill several hours or overnight.
- 4 Serve on lettuce leaves topped with sliced tomatoes.