This recipe for Pavlova topped with Whipped Cream and Fruit is one in a series of vegetarian Passover recipes created by KAYCO, the leading purveyor of kosher foods in the U.S., in concert with Naomi Nachman, author of the “Perfect for Passover” cookbook and Kosher.com, the popular kosher lifestyle resource.
Other vegetarian Passover recipes in this series include:
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon Pesach vinegar
- 2 teaspoons potato starch, sifted
- 1 (16-ounce) container Kineret Non-Dairy Whipped Topping
- 6 strawberries, sliced
- 2 kiwis, peeled and sliced
Prepare the Meringue
- 1 Preheat oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with Gefen Easy Baking Parchment Paper; set aside.
- 2 In bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- 3 Add sugar, vinegar, and sifted potato starch; beat until a soft and glossy meringue forms.
- 4 Pour the meringue mixture onto prepared parchment paper, shaping it into a large circle with a narrow rim.
- 5 Bake for one and a half hours, or until crisp on the outside.
- 6 Turn off oven and allow the meringue to cool inside the oven.
Prepare the Topping
- 1 In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat topping until stiff peaks form.
- 1 Immediately before serving, spread whipped cream over the top of the cooled meringue shell. Fill with fruit.