This recipe for Vegetable Quiche with Potato Crust is one in a series of vegetarian Passover recipes created by KAYCO, the leading purveyor of kosher foods in the U.S., in concert with Naomi Nachman, author of the “Perfect for Passover” cookbook and Kosher.com, the popular kosher lifestyle resource.
Other vegetarian Passover recipes in this series include:
- 4 large potatoes, shredded
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (4-ounce can) mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 zucchini, cubed
- 1 red pepper, cubed
- 1 medium ripe tomato, cubed
- Oil, for sautéing
- 3 eggs
- Gefen pasta sauce, optional
- 1 Spread potatoes in eight-inch square pan (or nine-inch round). Drizzle with oil.
- 2 Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, covered, for 25 minutes; uncover and bake an additional 20 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
- 1 Meanwhile, place vegetables in medium sized pot and sauté in oil until soft.
- 2 Remove from heat and allow to partially cool. Combine with eggs and place in crust.
- 3 Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until golden brown on top, about 50 minutes. If desired, cover with pasta sauce and continue baking until sauce is warm.