This recipe for Apple Kugel Muffins is one in a series of vegetarian Passover recipes created by KAYCO, the leading purveyor of kosher foods in the U.S., in concert with Naomi Nachman, author of the “Perfect for Passover” cookbook and Kosher.com, the popular kosher lifestyle resource.
Other vegetarian Passover recipes in this series include:
Vegetable Quiche with Potato Crust
- 5 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 eggs
- Kosher salt, dash
- 1/2 cup Yehuda Matzo Meal
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1 cup potato starch
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease or line muffin pans or a 9x13-inch baking pan; set aside.
- 2 Prepare the filling: Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- 3 Prepare the batter: Combine all ingredients in a second medium bowl. Whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- 4 Prepare the topping: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- 5 Fill muffin cups with apple filling until they are two-thirds full, then pour batter over apples until cups are full. Sprinkle with almond topping.
- 6 Bake muffins for 30 minutes or 9x13-inch pan for 45 minutes, until the tops are set and lightly browned.