This recipe for Maple Rum Cake is shared by Runamok Maple, the Vermont-based producer of organic smoked, barrel-aged and infused maple syrups. These maple syrups are a favorite of ours and you can learn more about them here.
This recipe, perfect for Easter brunch or anytime you’re looking for a simple, classic dessert, was created by the Runamok Maple co-founder Laura Sorkin.
Note: You may want to poke a few holes with a fork in the middle of the cake to distribute the syrup.
Other recipes featuring Runamok:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup rum
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup Runamok Maple’s Sugarmaker's Cut
- 1/2 cup dark rum
For the cake:
- 1 Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan and set aside.
- 2 Combine flour, salt and baking powder in a small bowl. In a standing mixer or using a large spoon, cream the butter and sugar together. Add the eggs and oil and stir until blended. Mix in the vanilla pudding mix.
- 3 Alternate adding the flour mixture and the milk. The, add the rum.
- 4 Pour the batter into the bundt pan and cook for approximately 45-50 minutes or until a fork piercing the cake comes out clean.
For the Syrup
- 1 Melt the butter and maple syrup together in a pan. Remove from the heat and add the rum.
- 2 Remove from the heat and add the rum. Slowly pour the warm mixture over the warm cake (while it is still in the pan) letting the syrup soak into it evenly.
- 3 Let it sit for a few hours and then loosen the cake and tip it out of the pan onto a serving plate.