Pecan Cookie Balls Recipe. These buttery melt-in-your mouth cookies are also known as Mexican Wedding Cakes. They make a great holiday gift idea or cookie exchange addition.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick®.
Nutrition Information (per serving – 2 cookies) Calories: 214, Fat: 15 g, Carbohydrates: 20 g, Cholesterol: 22 mg, Sodium: 95 mg, Fiber: 1 g, Protein: 2 g.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Nutmeg, Ground
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Beat butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add 1/2 cup of the sugar, vanilla, nutmeg and salt; beat until well blended. Stir in flour and pecans.
- 2 Shape into 1-inch balls. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3 Bake 15 minutes. Remove from baking sheets. Immediately roll hot cookies in remaining 2 cups sugar. Place sugared cookies on wire racks to cool. When cool, roll again in sugar.