This classic butternut squash soup has a twist! Made with all fresh ingredients, we use coconut cooking oil and coconut milk as part of the base of this delicious Roasted Butternut Squash Soup.
This recipe is courtesy of Carrington Farms.
- 1 butternut squash, cut into 1-inch squares (or buy the pre-packaged squares, I buy two)
- 2 large carrots, cut into small pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons Carrington Farms coconut cooking oil (regular or garlic)
- 1 cup coconut milk (or more, to taste)
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Toss vegetables in coconut cooking oil and roast on cookie sheet for about 45 minutes or until tender.
- 2 Put roasted vegetables into a soup pot and add coconut milk and vegetable broth, simmer until everything is warm.
- 3 Optional – while simmering take a potato masher and mash up the veggies.
- 4 Once everything is warm, transfer to a blender or vitamix and blend until smooth.
- 5 Transfer back to pot and simmer for 20 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 6 Enjoy.