Yukon Gold, Red Bliss, and Blue potatoes are combined with sliced fennel, carrots and garlic tossed in olive oil and slow roasted until tender and caramelized. People always ask me what the secret is and are surprised to hear it’s simply salt and pepper.
To watch the video of this wonderful fall recipe in action, click here.
Why Try? If you haven’t tried roasted fennel you will be pleasantly surprised. The sweet delicate flavor is more like a light onion taste than the raw fennel which is more like licorice.
- 2 small fennel bulbs, tops removed
- 2 pounds small potatoes (use Yukon Gold, Red Bliss and Blue potatoes)
- 1 pound carrots, peeled, cut diagonally into 3-inch pieces
- 20 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2 Cut fennel into 6 wedges, cutting thru the core to keep the wedges intact.
- 3 Cut potatoes in half length wise.
- 4 Place vegetables in a large bowl. Pour olive oil over them and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 5 Toss until coated well.
- 6 Roast for 25 to 30 minutes or until tender tossing once while cooking.
- 7 Serve warm.