Serve warm roasted vegetables tossed with baby spinach leaves for a tasty and healthy side salad or entree. Finish it off by drizzling with sun-dried tomato dressing and topping with bacon and pine nuts. For a vegetarian option, leave off the bacon.
Recipe courtesy of KRAFT.
Nutritional Information: Calories 230, Total fat 8 g, Saturated fat 1 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 350 mg, Carbohydrate 38 g, Dietary fiber 7 g, Sugars 12 g, Protein 7 g, Vitamin A 200 %DV, Vitamin C 140 %DV, Calcium 15 %DV, Iron 25 %DV, Diabetes Food Choices:1-1/2 Carbohydrates + 1-1/2 Fats.
Serving Size = 1-1/2 cups (375 mL)
Nutrition Bonus: This flavourful roasted vegetable salad is sure to be a hit with both family and friends! As a bonus, not only do the squash and spinach team up to provide an excellent source of vitamin A, but the peppers are also an excellent source of vitamin C.
Substitute: Prepare as directed, using Kraft Signature Mandarin Orange with Sesame Dressing.
- 1 small butternut squash (2 pounds/900 grams), peeled, sliced
- 3 parsnips, sliced
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 large red pepper, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup KRAFT SIGNATURE Sundried Tomato and Oregano Dressing, divided
- 1/4 cup OSCAR MAYER Real Bacon Bits
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 HEAT oven to 450ºF. Place squash, parsnips, onions, peppers and garlic in 15x10x3/4-inch baking pan. Add 2 tablespoons dressing; toss to coat. Spread to evenly cover bottom of pan.
- 2 BAKE 40 to 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender and golden brown, stirring occasionally. Spoon into large serving bowl. Add spinach; toss lightly.
- 3 TOP with bacon and nuts. Drizzle with remaining dressing.