This dish is simple, clean, and full of vitamins and minerals that help fight inflammation in our digestive system. This dish has everything your body needs with an assortment of garden fresh vegetables and a tasty dairy free pesto sauce.
Ashley Pettit explains the the do’s and don’ts of eating to fight inflammation on her latest episode of Ashley Pettit Living, here.
- Roasted vegetables:
- Carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch rounds
- Beets, halved (or quartered if larger)
- 1 yellow onion, sliced into thin rings
- Parsnip, peeled and cut into 1-inch rounds
- Brussels sprouts, halved
- Purple potatoes, halved (or quartered if larger)
- Kale Pesto:
- 1 bunch organic kale, hand-torn and stems removed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup cold-pressed or stone-crushed extra virgin olive oil
- Dash of sea salt
- 1 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2 Brush the cut veggies on both sides with melted coconut oil and roast on a baking sheet in the oven for 45-50 minutes or until the veggies are tender when forked.
- 3 To make the pesto, simply blend all of the ingredients in a high speed blender until somewhat chunky – add water to thin out as-needed.