Not only are these eggs great for your Easter get together, but equally enjoyed during the summer, whenever cookouts are on your menu. Use this umami-style egg recipe in lieu of regular hard boiled eggs for a multitude of stuffed egg recipes on Easter!
For more New England-style recipes from The Yankee Chef, click here!
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups water
- 6 orange pekoe tea bags
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic in oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil, optional
- 1 Boil eggs until hard boiled. Immediately submerse in cold water until completely cooled.
- 2 Meanwhile, bring to boiling, over high heat, water, tea bags, soy sauce, molasses, garlic and sesame oil. Whisk well; set aside.
- 3 Peel eggs. Place eggs and tea mixture in a large bowl with a lid,or simply cover with film wrap. Refrigerate 24 hours, dunking eggs a couple times to marinate evenly.
- 4 Drain, discarding marinade and tea bags and enjoy