Recipe and photo courtesy of the American Lamb Board.
- 2 pounds American Lamb shoulder meat, boneless, fat trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 2 jars (16 ounces each) salsa
- 2 cans (15-3/4 ounces each) hominy, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 In plastic bag, combine flour, salt and pepper. Add lamb cubes in batches and shake to coat.
- 2 In 6-quart pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add lamb in batches and brown. Add more oil as needed. Place browned lamb in bowl.
- 3 Return lamb to pan and add broth and salsa. Simmer for 45 minutes.
- 4 Stir in hominy. Cover and simmer for 15 additional minutes. Stir in cilantro.
- 5 Serve with warm tortillas or cornbread.