Cabbage and Sausage Casserole Recipe. This casserole is simple to make. It includes a variety of vegetables and sausage. It is a wonderful dish for the fall.
Recipe courtesy of Silver Dollar City.
- 1 pound cooked, crumbled Petit Jean Sausage
- 1 medium head cabbage
- 2/3 cup quick rice
- 1 stick margarine
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups water
- WHITE SAUCE: 1/2 stick butter
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons four 1/2 pound shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 Place everything except for the sausage in a stockpot and cook until the cabbage is tender.
- 2 Place in a 2 quart baking dish. Layer the cooked sausage over the top.
- 3 Now make the white sauce.
- 4 WHITE SAUCE: Make a white sauce with the butter, milk and flour.
- 5 After it thickens mix it into the cabbage mixture along with the cheese.
- 6 Spray the baking dish with vegetable spray and pour the casserole in. Bake in a 350ºF oven for 30 minutes.
- 7 NOTE: If served as a 'side' you can serve more persons.