Peanut butter lovers beware. The dressing in this colorful and tasty salad is addictive.
Recipe courtesy Simply Suppers by Jennifer Chandler
- For the Peanut Dressing:
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh peeled ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- A pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- For the salad:
- 1/2 cup Peanut Dressing
- 1/2 cup fresh snow peas
- 1 bag (5 ounces) Spring Mix salad blend
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded on the large holes of a traditional grater
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 2 limes, quartered, for garnish
- 1 For the Peanut Dressing:
- 2 In a small bowl whisk together the vinegar, peanut butter, ginger, soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, canola oil, and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 3 For the salad:
- 4 Bring salted water to a boil in a medium pot. Add snow peas and cook until vibrant green and crisp tender, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
- 5 Drain the peas and immerse in an ice water bath to stop the cooking process. Drain again and place in a large salad bowl.
- 6 Add the salad blend, chicken, carrots, scallions, cilantro, and peanuts and toss.
- 7 Add the dressing to taste and gently toss to coat.
- 8 Garnish with lime wedges. Serve immediately.
- 10 Tip: To save time, pick up a roasted rotisserie chicken at your local grocery for this recipe. The meat will be fresh, juicy, and flavorful.