Game On! Host Shawn Bailey learns how to preserve morel mushrooms with avid mushroom hunter Josh Payne. Watch the technique he uses to freeze morel mushrooms, on this episode of Game On!
Want to see how it’s done? We have the video right here!
If you would like to know more about the technique for finding morel mushrooms, click here!
- Morel Mushrooms
- 1 Cut morels in half.
- 2 Place in a bowl with salt water.
- 3 Place a paper towel on top.
- 4 Place bowl in the refrigerator overnight.
- 5 Remove and drain water.
- 6 Coat morels with flour, you can season flour if with favorite seasoning.
- 7 Lay flour coated morels on a baking sheet.
- 8 Place flour coated morels in the freezer overnight.
- 9 Remove and place in freezer bag.
- 10 Freeze and enjoy year round.