Everyone loves a little sweet ending after a delicious and savory meal. Why not try a delicious dessert-like option for breakfast instead? Swissôtel Chicago’s Geneva restaurant features an oatmeal crème brulee that’s a unique morning alternative. Now you can try it at home.
Recipe courtesy of: Swissôtel
- 6 egg yolks
- 6 tablespoons white sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Preheat oven to 300ºF. In a large bowl, whisk together egg yolks and sugar until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is thick and pale yellow. Add cream and vanilla, and continue to whisk until well blended. Strain into a large bowl, skimming off any foam or bubbles.
- 2 Place ramekins in a water bath (large pan filled with 1 or 2 inches of hot water) and bake until set around the edges, but still loose in the center, about 50 to 60 minutes. Remove from oven and leave in the water bath until cooled.
- 3 Heat up oatmeal put in bowl. Take ramekin of cooked custard mix up till smooth place over top of oatmeal. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of sugar over top and torch until it is brown. Optional - Garnish with berries and mint.