Hailing from Louisiana, Chef Ace Champion knows a thing, or two, about cajun cooking. This Deep-Fried Cajun Salmon is a carefully crafted and perfected recipe, seasoned every step of the way to achieve a delicious outer crust, with moist and delicious salmon inside.
Want to see how it’s done? We have the video right here!
- Canola Oil
- 3 tablespoons creole mustard or spicy brown mustard
- 1 cup whole milk, or half and half
- 2 tablespoon lemon, or 1/2 lemon
- Roasted Garlic Seasoning, to taste
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons Louisiana hot sauce
- 2 pounds wild salmon fillet
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 Pour the correct amount of oil into a deep fryer or fry-daddy and pre-heat to 350 degrees. If you don’t have a deep fryer, using a heavy skillet, fill no more than 1/3 full. Heat on medium-high heat to 350°F.
- 2 Take the skin of the salmon filets. Remove the brown part in the center of each Salmon.
- 3 Squeeze the lemon juice over the fish.
- 4 Season fish with the roasted garlic season and a little of Cajun seasoning. Allow the seasoning to set for about 10 minutes for marinating.
- 5 Meanwhile, mix milk, Creole mustard, egg, and hot sauce in shallow dish. Sprinkle batter over fish to coat, and then dip each fish one at a time into mustard batter. Shake off the liquid, then coat with remaining Fish-Fri. Carefully add to hot oil, a few pieces at a time.
- 6 Fry for 4 to 5 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- 7 Garnish with green onion and serve.