Thanksgiving at grandma’s house wasn’t complete with out a freshly baked pumpkin pie on the table.
This Honey Cream Pumpkin Pie is grandma’s-plus. Sweetened with a delicious honey cream, the pie itself features pumpkin purée, half and half, eggs, brown sugar, cornstarch and pumpkin spice.
It will fill your kitchen with the delightful spicy and earthy smell of pumpkin baking.
Shared by our friends at the National Honey Board.
- 1 frozen, unbaked 9" deep dish pie shell
For Honey Cream:
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
For Pumpkin Layer:
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup half and half
For Whipped Cream:
- 1 pint fresh whipped cream
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2 Pre-bake the pie shell for 10 minutes, let cool.
- 3 Whisk together Honey Cream ingredients, set aside.
- 4 Whisk together the pumpkin puree, eggs, brown sugar, cornstarch, pumpkin pie spice, salt and pepper until incorporated. Next, add the half & half until well combined.
- 5 Pour the pumpkin mixture into the pie shell, spoon the honey cream in dollops around the pie and carefully swirl in with the tip of a knife.
- 6 Bake the pie for 15 minutes at 425°F then reduce the heat to 350°F, bake for another 40-50 minutes or until a knife comes out clean and the center is set. Let cool.
- 7 Whip the whipping cream until it makes soft peaks and then slowly add in the honey until combined, serve with the pumpkin pie.