You can roast just about any vegetable and it’s tasty, but what do you do the next day when your veggies just don’t stand the test of time? Make this Mediterranean Roasted Vegetable Soup!
In this recipe, we use roasted carrots and acorn squash, chicken sausage, and plenty of fresh herbs and spices.
- 2 cups roasted vegetables of choice, we used carrots and acorn squash
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 chicken sausage links (whatever flavor you desire)
- 1 In a saute pan, cook the onions, garlic and rosemary in the olive oil on medium to low heat until the onions become translucent. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- 2 Add them to a blender along with the roasted vegetables and vegetable stock and blend until very creamy and completely smooth.
- 3 Add the pureed soup to a stock pot and bring to a simmer. Add the cream and stir.
- 4 Meanwhile, dice the chicken sausage and crisp in a pan (a splash of olive oil will help brown the edges). Spoon the soup into bowls and top with sausage.